Only a few days to 2012, people! And you know what that means. A new year, a new start. It’s time to reminisce over the fleeting year and make a list of all the things you want to correct this time around (even if in vain). If you’re a proud member of the geek community, you might want to take a look at the following: a list of ten New Year’s resolutions based on the standard geek stereotype.
Also, if you like this list, stay tuned for more on the New Year.
1. Lose weight, bathe more regularly and stop peeing in soda cans during long hours of gaming.
2. Read a book that isn’t science fiction, fantasy or a technical manual. [via techrepublic]
3. Limit my use of LOL, WTF, FTW, w00t and teh to written conversation. [via techrepublic]
4. Resist the urge to ridicule people who’ve never owned a smartphone.
5. Show tolerance for people who don’t know the difference between memory and hard drive space. [via bbspot]
6. Quit tweeting from the bathroom.
7. Develop at least one snappy comeback that isn’t directly lifted from a movie or TV show. [via techrepublic]
8. Spend at least one hour a day away from all forms of electronic entertainment.
9. Check downstairs to see if family is still alive.
10. Learn a new sport Learn a sport.
Author Sameed Khan