There are some nations that boast the title of the friendliest, most welcoming or most hospitable people in the world. Whether various surveys and rankings are right or not, each of us has probably visited one or two countries where the locals’ kindness has exceeded our expectations.

The countries mentioned below have made this list because of their hospitable greetings to travelers. So, add them to your must-see list as there’s nothing nicer than a warm welcome. Here I have compiled 10 most friendly countries on the world. I hope you will like it. Do add or suggest other countries in our comment section.

Switzerland

This is a multi-ethnic country. Pleasant for the residents, it will be as pleasant for tourists too. The people of Switzerland are honest, hard working but also very considerable for tourists. They will give you any information you need.

The Netherlands

More than 7 million international tourists visit the city every year and the impression they get is generally great! The city is really safe. Plus the people are friendly, you will have no trouble getting around, and there are more than enough places to visit.

Fiji

Fiji is dependent on tourism. No wonder they will do their best to make you feel great. Not only there are tons of sights to be seen, but also you will meet friendly faces everywhere, always willing to help you to whatever you need.

Canada

Canada isn’t that much tourism-dependent but still, the tourists will get its best. Crime rate is really low. Almost no robberies or violent crimes. Have no fear, go and have a friendly vacation over there.

Germany

Whether you are visiting Munich for its worldwide famous October fest or the Berlin wall ruins, in Germany you will feel completely safe! Although the Germans might seem a bit “cold” at first sight, you will fall in love with the nation in a minute.

Scotland

There are crimes in Scotland, but mostly in the places not interesting to tourists. You can enjoy the countryside totally safe. The Scots are one of the friendliest nationalities in the world. They will truly make you feel at home and tell you all about their country.

Ireland

Although it hasn’t been easy in the history, Ireland is one of the safest countries on the planet! More and more people choose to have their vacation there. The country really has sights to be seen. Go and have a great time in one of the numerous pubs, hanging out with the locals.

Australia

In my opinion, the only thing you should fear when visiting Australia are the poisonous snakes – there are quite a lot of them! But hey, I’m sure you won’t be wondering the desert all by yourself.

New Zealand

The number of inhabitants is twice higher than the number of tourists who visit New Zealand yearly – 4 million inhabitants, 2 million tourists. If I tell you that the New Zealanders do not lock their doors, do you think the country is safe enough for you?

Italy

The number of more than 40 million tourists every year must tell you that Italy is really safe and friendly. Not to mention all those beautiful sights you’ve seen in the movies! So what would be the reason not to visit Italy?

Author Ahsan Mukhtar

If you enjoyed this post, you might want to subscribe our RSS feed or become our Facebook fan! You will get all the latest updates at both the places.

53 Responses to 10 Most Friendly Countries of the World

1. […] 10 Most Friendly Countries of the World Submitted by Editorial Team […]

2. Faisal says:

i heared Turkish r more friendly

3. raaed says:

Saudi Arabia is a friendly country, too.

4. A Man of the Earth says:

Switzerland??? I suppose that depends on your pigmentation. I heard that the Swiss made some openly racist remark or poster about people of the origin of Mother Africa. And when a african politician protested, they told him to mind his own business.

5. jon says:

this can only be “some of the most friendly countries if you are blonde with blue eyes and belong to a germanic ethnic group”. otherwise it's ridiculous. many of these countries are among the most racist in world to “different” people. btw since when scotland is a country like the other 9 at this list? it's united kingdom

6. NadiaR says:

SAUDI ARAB can be one of those counties which have most unmannered people….and way too racist…
    and australia, italy….and most fo eastern european countries are also very racist to asian people……

7. Tenacious says:

Saudi Suck!!! because I been there saudi is racist people. “Nadiar” is right Saudi people are very rude special the young one's! that's why some saudi leaving the kingdom and go to the other free country in search for comfort……

8. Big J says:

Saudi is among most rude country in the universe. and among the most boring country in the world.

9. raaed says:

Dear people
    I don't know exactly why some people have preconceptions about Saudi Arabia.
    The media probably plays a big role in this matter, and yeah, I agree that some people will not like the country but other people will do. It's all about preferences but when talking about saudi people, they are a really nice people and I'm a 100% sure of that because I'm saudi. of course there are a few who misrepresent Saudi Arabia and its people.

10. Anonymous says:

Dear people
    I don’t know exactly why some people have preconceptions about Saudi Arabia.
    The media probably plays a big role in this matter, and yeah, I agree that some people will not like the country but other people will do. It’s all about preferences but when talking about saudi people, they are a really nice people and I’m a 100% sure of that because I’m saudi. of course there are a few who misrepresent Saudi Arabia and its people.

11. Anonymous says:

Dear people
    I don’t know exactly why some people have preconceptions about Saudi Arabia.

12. Anonymous says:

Dear people
    I don’t know exactly why some people have preconceptions about Saudi Arabia.

13. Madeline says:

I found Thai people very friendly and open to every person whether a westerner or african or asian. i think it should be included in the list. since when is scotland a seperate country from the uk? and germans are as warm as an iceberg.

14. meh says:

most of those countries are very discriminating against muslims

15. Nassh says:

Assalamualaiku…Mr.raaed…I've read your comments and i do believe that saudi people are very approachable and they are really humble….of course everyone has a an individual character and attitude….so i hope they would not discriminating those saudi people…

16. camille kho says:

philippines also…promise…

17. camille kho says:

philippines also…promise…

18. shielle says:

You should add Phillipines as a hospitable country…

19. Dee says:

I noticed dear old America did not make the list…probably all the way at the bottom. Haha How some of these other countries made the list is a mystery to me.

20. tracy says:

philippines is a friendly country.. very hospitable

21. Kim Heath says:

You should have Namibia on there!

22. Really Bad Experience says:

GERMANY! Really??? GERMANY! When you yourself admitted that they are so damn “cold” & not only at first sight, but the horrible interaction continues even after you have stayed around 50 years in that god awful narcissist egoistic country.

23. JJ says:

Italy? The people in Rome are extremely rude.

24. IceKing says:

Just one question!..why did u put a BARACK OBAMA RALLY picture for germany???!!!

25. Daan says:

Ahsan Mukhtar, you probably think the Netherlands is nothing more than Amsterdam. I can’t find another reason why you would call the Netherlands “the city”.

Also, I do not agree with the comments on Germany, I find Germany to be among my top two countries I would like move to if I were to ever leave the Netherlands. With Canada being the second.

As to comment on the Turkey and S.A. comments, they are very inhospitable toward woman in general and that would be an understatement.

And lastly I would like to mention what a TOOL raaed is being, spamming his propaganda when people ventilate a dislike in his precious S.A. Just accept there are people that have other opinions instead of small minded indoctrination attempts through the means of spamming. This is one of the reasons people think less of “northern African” countries since the consensus seems to be to silence everyone with another opinion and force your own upon them.

26. SamH says:

What a joke. A country with a nazi history and one with a fascist past.
    Go a Italian police station and see the dead bodies of immigrants they killed.

27. Mike says:

Remove Australia and add the Phillipines (Sorry if I spelt wrong), I immigrated to Australia from the Netherlands and I cop quite a bit of racism (although mainly from a small percentage of people).

28. Fitri says:

Personally, I don’t even know why there is a list. There will always be friendly and unfriendly people all over the world, regardless of where you go. It’s just a matter of luck, whether you meet the nicer people or the not-so-nice people.

29. Bloodymary111381 says:

Because some douched wonder bread posted this site. Yes the media plays such a major role to some degree to make Saudi look bad. I am Asian and Italy is certainly not a friendly place to be. THEY SPIT ON AMERICANS, “PHEW. PI PI LI U!”

30. Bloodymary111381 says:

Finally, a person with a brain! Thank you for clearing that out. Big Kodo’s to you and as for the rest of you stop complaining and nagging like a lil girl because there are nice people in the world its because maybe you are not nice to them. Don’t be a jack ass. Sometimes, if you are nice to the world it will come back as positive vibe.

31. Strongerdose says:

This is your list but here are my two cents. There is not a single Asian country. How is that fair? Taiwan has amazing people. They’re so friendly and they speak barely any English but are always willing to help! Japan and Thailand are great as well. Funny you put in some countries there that shouldn’t even be considered. Italy isn’t safe but it’s not dangerous. Italians, from what i have experienced and heard, aren’t what you say. Your list is about friendliness but you talk about crime rates and sights to see. It’s not relevant. America is generally friendly, too. And your writing… It’s “wandering” not “wondering” the desert.

32. Mr.X says:

The Netherlands friendly to outsiders? My ass. My fellow countrymen accept you as long as you have something to offer. But the minute you have nothing of value, you are on your own. We’re just as unfriendly to foreigners as the Japanese are to theirs. Tourists get a nice treatment, but when you live her permanently as a foreigner, oh my God, you are in a cesspool you wish you hadn’t come here in the first place. Just sayin’

33. WhoCaresAboutMyNa,e says:

Italy?! Totally a big mistake!!!! People are real arse holes there!

Finland should take it’s place!!! And Norway.. And Iceland!

34. Lorenz says:

yeah i agree with tracy. filipinos are very hospitable thats why i go there many times

35. The dragon ball maniac says:

I found the people in Bolivia to be very nice too as well as Paraguay and Canada is also amazing. But honestly no idea why Germany or Switzerland is mentioned. Didn’t find it particularly friendly on that trip…

36. gawdsvag says:

notice how most are majority white countries, let’s see what countries make the list ten years from now once were over-run by the third world.

37. Ruth says:

I spent 3 weeks hiking, and bussing around in Armenia and of all the 16 countries I have spent time in, it felt absolutely the safest. I was often hiking on a paved road through a forest coming to or from an ancient monastery, and felt not the slightest nervousness. I was a 63 years old female at the time. Hitch hiking was easy too.

38. tommy says:

the only one here that everyone would agree to is Ireland

39. Mulan says:

Inhospitable waiters, rude sales personnel. I will never go back to that country and ever spend my hard-earned money for that rudest of people.

40. Paul says:

Ehhh… Germany? Dude, sarcasm is okay but you shouldn’t try too hard.

41. Mmppyy888 says:

I agree. German are not so friendly

42. Susan says:

How about Thailand?? Land of smile . One of the most friendly people in the world

43. tony says:

There is a serious bias in this list, in that 9 out of 10 of the countries are ‘western’ nations. The author also seems like a very anxious fellow, with his overwhelming interest-verging on obsessiveness-for “safety”. It is odd that he seems to equate safety with friendliness. I suppose an airport security check or army barracks are also very safe places. Friendly though? Once one samples the genuine hospitality of Mali’s Tuaregs, that of the Amazon’s indigenous people, or Paraguay’s urbanites and country folk alike, the politeness and positivity of Thais and Burmese, or the chivalry of an Uzbek host…I think this western-centric list would get blown out of the water on a measure of friendliness. But yes–let us not forget SAFETY!

44. zf says:

Get real! I live in New Zealand, and we DO have to lock our doors. Where did you get your information from? It sounds like an impression from 1960s. There have been tourists, not just locals, who got robbed, raped and murdered! It’s just another place with a human population. Just as in any city, you would be silly to not look after your own safety.

45. JackLouss says:

Most friendly people I have ever met during my travels are the people in Mexico, I’ve been in some of the countries you’ve listed here (I won’t say wich ones) and really, at least in my case some of them were just not THAT friendly to me

46. Simsareunited says:

Germany and Switzerland? If these two countries has ever become one of the most friendly countries in the world, i would not fancy living in that world anymore.

47. Senkiasenswe says:

That is a very narrow minded and ignorant thing to say. I have met several Saudi’s and they have all been very pleasant people. Conflict is very uncomfortable for them and they try very hard to avoid it, and how do you avoid conflict? With kindness. Look beyond what you’re told on T.V little sheep.

48. Maryam Cerro Salvador says:

I had worked for 8 years there and I agree with you

49. Felbert says:

#8 Philippines – Beth Greenfield – Forbes http://www.forbes.comThis
    country is friendly on wallets, too: 47% report an increase in access
    to luxuries, including domestic staff, swimming pools, and owning
    properties.

50. Hafsa Baqar says:

We visited Macou in 2011, it is near China, I think it is the most friendly country and very very safe, Macnese are very hamble and frienot people.

51. Ponasd says:

this list HAS to be wrong!!

52. Trebor says:

New Zealand one of the friendliest countries in the world it use to be before to many immagrints turned up and many of them many were not educated so the fucked government spent billions of tax payers dollars to educate them now they have taken (over) 50% of all the work force in the industrilised zones up now they are friendly its only when they want something and many of them were still to dumb to be educated not educated and the worst of all are the tongans they are not to be trusted i know i was raised there take it from an xpat

53. […] Most Friendly Countries For The Elderly 200 x 123 · 9 kB · jpeg, Currently the most climate-friendly country the world, with the most […]